So today I’m chippin’ away at a redesign for my rusted art website. Like most sites I develop, I rolled it out on WordPress. I seemed to have run a into a bug though, and I’m not sure if this a localized me thing, or a legit gremlin.
I uploaded a custom page template to my FTP and and wasn’t not showing up in the WordPress admin. So I double and triple checked to make sure my Template tags were all cool, and they were. Normally, a drop down that lets me choose which page template I want to use will show up, but for some reason: no dice.
What seemed to fix the problem was the following:
- Activate a different theme (I just activated the default)
- Reactivate your desired theme
- Go to Manage > Pages
- And you should now see the Page Template
- WordPress Baby Themes
- 25 Best Free WordPress Themes
- Session expired. Please log in again. You will not move away from this page.
- Switching between WordPress Visual and HTML editor not working
- 17 Kind of Premium Quality WordPress Themes for Free